What do you need to ask your insurance company?
It’s easy… Call the customer service department (number on the back of your insurance card) and ask the following questions:
1. Do I have coverage for Nutrition Counseling or Medical Nutrition Therapy? (insurance codes 97802 or 97803 if they ask)
2. What medical conditions are covered for nutrition counseling?
3. Do I have coverage for telehealth?
4. How many visits am I permitted per year?
5. Am I permitted to see a Registered Dietitian for Nutrition counseling?
6. Do I have a copayment, co-insurance, or deductible to meet?
7. Do I need a referral or preauthorization from my doctor?
8. Is Kylee Pedrosa, MS, RD, CDCES in-network with my plan? (NPI 1457918617)